Saturday 10 December 2011

Manly Sex Talk

It has occurred to me that there is a severe gap between the way men talk to each other about their sex life and the way women talk to each other about their sex life. In my world women have started and somewhat created a communication about sex that is open, exploratory and leaning towards none judgmental. I have met women who teach other women about how the power of sex and the intimate body. I have heard women talk about their strengths and weaknesses with an openness I have not seen much in men. It is not perfect amongst women, there is still much work that need to be done. What I do see is that they ahve started to reclaim the power of their own sexuality and they are starting to talk about it.

Men have for the most part kept closed. It is rare when a conversation about sex and sexuality amongst men occurs. Mostly it is short, filled with humor and lacking in detail. Men are embarrassed or are not sure what to say or how to say it. We have so much to learn from each other and we MUST start talking about sex with each other. Not in the traditional jock, locker room, conquest ego way but in an honest, vulnerable and exploratory way. This will take some work as we have to start from the beginning. If you are comfortable talking about your sexuality then do it for mans sake. If you are not then practice listening when a buddy starts talking about their sexuality. Ultimately we all need to work on opening up and learning to share and learning to receive sharing.

For the sake of our partners, lets share and learn from each other. I know I have a lot to share and more to learn with my brothers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment