Tuesday 27 December 2011

Tin Can Banjo


I hereby decry that I have officially found the instrument I have been looking for my entire life. I am in love with the Banjo. Not the red neck, back woods banjo, but a modern twist, upbeat, new sounding Banjo. This instrument has reminded me of the incredible power of music. Music is a language. A powerful, cut through dialect and open hearts, say way more then with words alone, type of magic. We, as in humans, have gotten to the cusp of a time when the boundaries of music are being lifted. No longer does an aspiring musician need to take years of lessons to learn one way of writing music (which i always found limiting at times), they can learn by ear. No one has to wait to record themselves or look for financial backing. It is very easy to stage a decent sounding performance. It is possible to play solo or with a small ensemble and sound like many, gone are the days of putting together a long list of expensive instrumentalists to create one song.

The limits are being lifted. The musical scene is just starting to take off into a  revolution of raw, unadulterated, limitless brilliance. We are on the cusp of a revolution... I call it the genius released revolution... and it is not only in music, it is in every modality and medium. We have the tools to create ANYTHING.... now what to create????

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you mate! I made the decision a few weeks ago that I wasn't going to wait for some ivorytoweragent or some guruguru publisher to deign to respond to my dreams. So I'm publishing my book on Kindle, my wife has painted the cover and all my mates are supporting me. It is indeed a revolution - almost back to the pamphlet writing of Thomas Paine - Come on the people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! It is a time where you can do whatever your heart desires. It is worth the risk ask anyone who has done what their heart desires. There will be doubt along the way but deep inside you know that following your dream is a brilliant life to live.

    ReplyDelete