Thursday 1 December 2011

Who I am.....

My entire adult life I have been asked and asked myself, "What do I want to do?"  It is a very strugglesome question and one that a lot of the masculine people I have talked to in my life stress over. What I know now is that is does not matter what you do, more so it has ABSOLUTELY NO point and should not be asked. What can be replaced is the question, "Who am I?" Spend your life answering that and you will be a strong, loving male with a great deal to share to the world around you and you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams.
I do not want to lead anyone to believe that there is an easy answer to this question, "Who and I". It is one that can forever be asked with no clear answer. This question is a perfect example of the journey is greater then the destination. The journey in finding out "who we are" is far more laden with gold then at the end of the journey. It is a discouraging, loving, trying, playful, hard, light, fun, deep, crazy, enlightening experience.  
I have learned one very important thing in my personal journey of finding out who I am. It is that you have to be willing to look at everything. Fear is present and to ignore it is to ignore a valuable part of oneself. Challenge your fears, understand them, love them, honor them, respect them. Never stop looking in the deep caverns and trying the impossible. 
There are 2 deadly traits to loving and understanding who you are. Comfort - for comfort lulls one into stopping, hiding and pretending. Comfort is a good thing to have to rest but not to live with. Convenience - if it is too easy then it is not real. 
The sweetest fruits are always at the very top of the tree. One must risk to get there. It is worth it as the nectar from that fruit is better then anything I have ever tried. It is also tough to continue digging deeper, but the results are more and more brilliant, loving and inspirational. 
Keep on keepin on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment