Sunday 8 January 2012

I am happy to be alone



I have been house sitting for this friend of mine in the deep forests of the Near North Ontario. Wood stove heated, solar powered, out house dependent, it is paradise! I am there by myself, all alone, no neighbors for miles, no TV, no radio, no cell reception, no internet. Just me and my mind and my demons and my spirits.

Last night I had a party for one. Great food, lots of music, some writing, some art work, some meditation, lots of reading and chanting, dancing, a bit of wine, maybe some smoke and smudge. What a party!!! I had a fucking blast. A truly great time by myself. I cried, I laughed, I sang, I sat and watched. I have no idea what time I went to bed or when I got up. I have no idea how much time I played music, how much time I listened to the wolves howl at the full moon? I don't care.

I am reminded of one of the qualities I am looking for in my friends and lovers. It is the sparkle in their eye that I know as being in love with themselves. It is that glow of peace, that simple smile, that deep groundedness that comes from truly loving oneself and loving being alone with one self.

If you can not keep yourself company then who can you keep company really?

No comments:

Post a Comment