Monday 19 December 2011

Dreaming the night away

Last night I dreamed something I want to share.

I was on a couch, not a familiar couch. There was an old friend in the room with me. I was about to die from natural causes of sorts. I knew that I was about to die, I could feel the life being sucked out of me. I sat on the corner of the couch, breathing and waiting for death to come. I told my friend I was going to die. Then my friend turned into my mother, who came and held me. My mother kissed my forehead and told me that she loved me and everything is alright. This was repeated many times without stopping until I started to cry. I told my mother that I was scared. I was scared to love, scared to work, scared to write. I cried a profound, deep cry while she held me. I could feel the life leaving me and death coming. I could feel myself expanding into the universe, returning to the everything. I let go, with my mother holding me. I was free.

I awoke to the alarm clock, tried to regain that dream and the feeling but could not. I did fall back to sleep for a few minutes and met my mother again. She told me to share this dream with anyone and everyone who would listen.

So I share.

No comments:

Post a Comment