Monday 19 December 2011

Icy stones in moving water


It was cold here today. Not so much from the low temperature reading on the thermostat, but the damp cool air and the cold falling rain made it rather hard to stay warm. It was a perfect day for a walk with a dear friend. It was a great day for an adventure. 

The water was cold but the climb warmed our hearts. We stopped to eat, point out some sights, smell the air and to tell stories. We were, for the most part, in the moment. There was no thoughts of the bills the schedule, the troubles, it was just a time for us to be right there in that perfect moment. We sang a few songs, did a ceremony and kept walking. We saw bear tracks and love marks and picked up garbage along the way. 


Above all, do not lose your desire to walk.  Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness.  I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.  ~Soren Kierkegaard

No comments:

Post a Comment